Unordered List

"I can be your best friend but never your worst enemy because why bother making enemies when you can ditch them off, go on with what you do best and have an amazing life..."

Wednesday 20 November 2013

THOUGHTS: I'll Be Home for Xmas

Yeah, I think so, I think I'm a bit late. But you can't blame me. We just transfer to our new abode last 1st November and we need to fix everything before we hit the nearest shopping center and buy some Christmas stuffs.

First decor - Christmas Tree! Yes. When I was a kid, we had this kakaibang, well literally weird Christmas Tree in our grannies place. There were no leaves on the tree. All you can see were aluminums and mild steel (weh! ginamitan ng engineering terms hehehe). Instead of christmas balls, stars and reindeer, ornaments of that 7ft tree were fruits! Well, they're plastic fruits, but we are the only one in the whole village.

Then, when I stayed in Vietnam for a year, they actually don't celebrate Christmas, but for some reasons, they use real tree, specifically PONKANITAS TREE. They called it Kiat-kiat. :)

Hanoi, Vietnam 2007

But in Philippines, what we used is the traditional Christmas tree. My mom is obssessed with gold and red, cge yallah, red kung red ang ornaments, in fact pati ako nakired na din hahaha!
 
Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija, Christmas 2010 (Nakikired din ako hahah!)
My very first pamangkin BEAGIE, enjoying her gifts. I remember, everybody in the house gave her clothes and dresses, the funny thing was here most favorite was the white sando I bought from Puerto Galera for only 40Php! Inisnab ang Osh Kosh pambihira hahahah!
Ang daming segway hahaha! anyway here in Doha, since Christmas decors are very limited, we opted to use the traditional decors, and we don't have any choice actually, hehehe. We want to extend the spirit of christmas in our home, para nman hindi malungkot.

At dahil natuwa sa Carrefour (Doha City Center), nagpapicture ako hahahah! Though I actually looked for garlands, kaso wala din, so we just bought additional Christmas balls,  Ceramic Santa, A Christmas House, and Christmas water ball. Pardz said, bilhin mo na lahat ng peg mo, ikaw naman ang mag aayos, basta ako Christmas lights lang hahahah! Okay fine. :D

Pardz busy with his Christmas light. Nagpalita p sya kasi he didn't like the yellow color of the first one, saka maikli daw (only 100 bulbs i think). So when he saw white color with 300 bulbs, yallah bili! Okay lang, kanya kanya trip, siya naman ang mag aayos. :D 
Got so many vases at home, so instead of putting flowers, I used them as candle holder (just for this season), and instead of buying some semi-expensive pebbles, I took and used special tiles from our project, (with consent for our manager of course!). I remove them from the mesh, clean them up with soap and water, and viola! Italian tiles pa yan hehehe... Then I bought 3 candles from Lulu for 5QAR. Walang ribbons na kasama talaga, nilagyan ko na lang ng ribbon para may pasko effect :D




We all miss "Pasko sa Pinas" - the conventional Simbang Gabi (madaling araw), after the mass, you will all buy Puto bungbong and Bibingka, and sometimes balut (yum!). Christmas Kiddie carolers will visit you and sing some christmas songs bringing their lata, tansan or anything that will create sound (or noise haha!). Pag bigtime ka, they will say after the song "Thank you, thank you, ambabait ninyo, thank you!, but if not, be ready to hear these lines "ambabarat ninyo, thank you" sabay takbo. :D

I wish me and my buddy hubby will celebrate Christmas next year - IN PINAS!


No comments:

Post a Comment