Unordered List

"I can be your best friend but never your worst enemy because why bother making enemies when you can ditch them off, go on with what you do best and have an amazing life..."

Friday 10 May 2013

FASHION: When Couture and Chaos Collide


A friend of mine told me that one of our managers is arranging a party. I don’t know the exact reason why are we going to arrange for that event, maybe it’s because our project is already at the hand over stage, but only one thing sparked – dress!

So I rushed up into the internet and started browsing the latest trend for this season. Keyword, latest fashion, Dress, party, Enter. Search search…  and then Met Gala Red Carpet held last May 6 popped. Yes! This gonna make my life easier. So I started checking the photos on the web and guess what? A lot them are really a stand out a couture – and some creates chaos in fashion.

So for me to have ideas, I list down MY CHOICES for 10 styles to crave, and 10 styles to save:


Jennifer Lawrence – Last Oscars, she rocked the world with her sculptural Dior gown, and she repeated this “history” with another Dior Couture. With Jennifer Behl Veil, a diamond earrings, a spiked Platform sandals and bright red lipstick equals 2 words = SHE ROCKS!


Gisele BĂĽndchen – with her long legs showing  in Anthony Vaccarello, matched with David Yurman rings her and sophisticated hair, it’s a wow factor.


Gwyneth Paltrow - wearing Valentino Haute Couture and Wilfredo Rosado earrings, I cannot remember any moment she failed us when It comes to Fashion.
 

Jaime King – Red Carpet doesn’t meen you have to wear fabulous gown, Jaime rocked the event wearing Topshop, Dannijo rings, Finn ring, and Bulgari earrings and ring. What I love about the way she wore the head dress, its unique.


Dakota Fanning - in Rodarte. Elegant and minimalistic with sexy cut outs. Not too revealing.
 

Emma Watson – the design is predictable, the color is verrry predictable, the style is very predictable… But for Emma Watson – I love it! It not surprising but she carried it with real class and placed in high fashion. I love her hair, exposing her shoulders, and the shoes! Black Rupert Sanderson completed her looks. 





Hailee Steinfeld – I actually ignored her the first time, she looked washed out because of the  shade of her dress, and shoes, and clutch. But when I made a 2nd look, those safety pins really made a statement. Thanks to Donna Karan Atelier, safety pins  made her safe.



Taylor Swift – I never recognized her the first time. She looked so different in J. Mendel and Lorraine Schwartz jewelry. It’s not a very “rock” looks for me, but coming out of the shell gave her an edge.


Bee Shaffer -  in Christian Dior Haute Couture and Fred Leighton jewelry, Spring is definitely here, she looks stunning.


Michelle Williams – in a conventional YSL dress and conventional shoes matched with Olympia Clutch that is so DAZZLING, and a very dainty hairstyle, Michelle Williams completed my 10 looks to crave.

Now, here are my 10 Looks to Save:


Sarah Jessica Parker – Giles Couture, Christian Louboutin boots, Philip Treacy headpiece, and Fred Leighton jewelry I love everything, piece by piece. But when she wore them all? I don't like any of them at all.



Miley Cyrus - in Marc Jacobs and Eddie Borgo jewelry. Can you just go back to being Hanna Montana???



Mary-Kate Olsen - in vintage Chanel. Do I need to say anything??


Ashley Olsen - in vintage Christian Dior. Do I need to say anything more???


Madonna - in Givenchy Haute Couture and Casadei shoes. I love you Material Girl, always… But not this time.


Lily Collins - in Moschino. Eerrr is it time for a trick or treat?!


Florence Welch - in Givenchy Haute Couture, I think she needs a comb for her hair, and for her wings too, lolz!


Jessica Biel - in Giambattista Valli Haute Couture and Fred Leighton cuff. Blah…


Kirsten Dunst - in Louis Vuitton. Where is your friendly neighbor, MJ?


BeyoncĂ© - in Givenchy Haute Couture, yeah save the “least” for last. It’s too flashy, It’s too tight, It’s too overrated. It's too overwhelming. It’s too much.

Me? Yeah, I still don’t know what to wear for the party. But one thing’s for sure, I don’t want to end up with a style that needs Dark Knight and Spider-man for me to be saved. +_+







No comments:

Post a Comment