Unordered List

"I can be your best friend but never your worst enemy because why bother making enemies when you can ditch them off, go on with what you do best and have an amazing life..."

Wednesday 7 May 2014

MOVIE: Is The Amazing Spider-Man 2 really Amazing?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_Amazing_Spiderman_2_poster.jpg
The last time I had a movie review here was about 5 months ago? But It doesn’t mean that for 5 month’s, we never watched one. I’m kinda busy these past few weeks. Sad, but it’s true. =(

Anyways, let’s talk about the movie The Amazing Spider-Man 2. I’m not actually a fan of Spiderman, though I love watching superhero films. And ironically, my most favorite superhero film is not The Avengers, like (almost) everyone do, but the Spiderman 2. So, when Andrew Garfield replaced Tobey Maguire for the reboot of the franchise, I said “okay, let give him a shot, he’s good anyway”. I’ve seen him in the Social Network and he is actually great. But the problem is, in the latest Spider-man film, too many things are going on.
 
wikipedia

I remember Spiderman 1 and 2, there was one villain per film (Green Goblin and Doc Oc respectively), and they have 89% and 94% in Rotten Tomatoes, cool right? Especially Spiderman 2, still, I can’t get over with the train scene, that scene alone made the Spiderman 2 a very memorable superhero film, somewhat consider as the best superhero film ever. But when they injected too many villains in Spiderman 3, the review became blah, or just an average movie.




I have this feeling that this thing is happening with The Amazing Spiderman 2 – Peter Parker got Electro, Green Goblin, Donald Menken, and Rhino, very abundant villains there is. Aunt May’s role wasn’t well established, as well as The Daily Bugle. Revelations are too much – Richard Parker’s secret lab, his DNA on his biological experiments and rare disease of the Osborns. Too many details, that you don’t know which one you are going to think about first. But really, thanks to the amazing ensemble casts. The chemistry of Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy is really blatant; Jamie Foxx nailed his role as Electro. And Aunt May? Wow, even if I love Aunt May on the first Spider-man trilogy, the comedic role of Aunt May in The Spider-man 2 looks genuine. Her funny conversation with Peter about “chimney” and “flags” are so cool.
 
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/USSENTERPRISE/news/?a=77784

On the other hand, I didn’t like so much Harry Osborn in this movie, played by Dane Dehaan, or maybe I just don’t like the hairstyle, way far from Harry in the comic book. But there is a bonus point – on some angles, he looks like young Leonardo DiCaprio, and yes I will give him a credit for that :D All in all, the whole cast saved the day.

 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Harryosb.PNG

Special effects, screenplays and 3D Imax Format? One word – AMAZING! 

I enjoyed The Amazing Spider-man 2 though. Maybe I am just looking for something unique, something extraordinary. A scene that will really hit me on the ground. So If I’m gonna be asked for ratings, here it is:


Cast: 7.5
Special Effects: 9
Storyline: 3 
Average Rating: 6.5 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment